Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- At least 2 years of millwork, lumberyard, or similar industry sales experience necessary.
- Excellent computer, customer service, and communication skills required.
- Experience reading blueprints and estimating needed.
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills required.
- Must possess a high degree of organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Andersen IQ or other window estimating software a plus.
- Present solutions to customers including price, credit terms, accurate sales estimates, and estimated time of delivery based production and delivery schedules.
- Convert customer sales inquiries to sales.
- Prepare estimates using quoting software.
- Track all existing orders, delivery dates, and ensure orders are promptly charged to clients accounts or payment is made.
- Promptly follow up on customer inquiries, sales leads, and estimates.
- Update and maintain project log and submit to Sales Manager for monthly approval.
- Supports the outside sales program and contractor customers as directed.
- Help resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Follow sales through to delivery or pick up by client. If delivery is requested, coordinate with yard foremen for delivery and scheduling to ensure delivery accuracy and promptness.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including but not limited to sales, inventory and safety.
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Requires a degree of concentration and attention to perform essential job functions. Achieves objectives by analyzing, evaluating and interpreting viable solutions. Periods of mental effort and concentration followed by other aspects of job with lesser concentration and attention requirements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Excellent full-time benefits include 100% employer paid Health & Dental Insurance; paid vacation, sick, and holiday time. Benefit earned after probationary period. Further details to be discussed upon hiring.
Please submit resume and/or completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org;
or drop application off at the West Tisbury Branch.